|Address||1-64 Furu-machi, Omura City|
|Information|| Omura domain was a fief of yielding 27000 koku rice with Hizen Omura as a castle town.
During the Warring States period, Omura was a place of christianity, the chief Omura Sumitada as the Japan's first Kirishitan Daimyo at the top of the list. In the Edo period, Omura domain kept controlled by the Omura clan, from the first Omura Yoshiaki to the 12th generation Omura Sumihiro, never transferred to another until Meiji Period.
The family temple of the Omuras is Honkyo-Ji Temple, where the grave of the Omura is located. Honkyo-Ji Temple was built by the first Yoshiaki in 1608 as a Nichiren Sect temple. Some of the buildings including the main building from the late Edo period still remain, and it shows the style of a daimyo family temple of early-modern times.
Also at the grave of the Omura next to the main building you can see many huge tombstones despite the size of the domain itself.
Those tombstones represent the religious reformation in the Edo period from Christianity to Buddhism, designated as National Historical Site by the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture on September 30, 2004.